Job role: Wellington Management are seeking 12 individuals to join their 2020 Placement Intern Programme, which runs from July 2020 until June 2021. The successful candidates, located in London, will provide support within one of the following divisions; Investment Platform - Office of the COO, Global Relationship Group, Trade Coordination, Information Technology, Investment Boutiques, Global Marketing, Portfolio Services, Legal & Compliance, Investment Products & Strategies, Wellington Alternative Investments and Operational Risk. Due to the broad range of responsibilities within each function, this programme offers an excellent entry point into the Investment Management industry.
• The global investment platform is comprised of over 475 investment professionals across four investment functions (Investment Boutiques, Research, Science and Solutions) in six global locations. This role will sit within the Business Management team of Wellington’s Office of the Chief Operating Officer that supports all business initiatives related to the Investment Platform.
• The Global Relationship Group is focused on business development and relationship management with clients, consultants and prospects globally. The function serves as a primary point of contact for our clients and the teams are typically specialised by client type and geography
• The Trade Coordination team is primarily focused on confirmation and allocation of all trades and is also on-hand to pre-emptively address any potential trade issues. The team works closely with other departments within the firm to ensure timely, accurate and thorough support for our clients.
• The IT team is responsible for maintaining a range of technology solutions that help support our business users across the firm globally. This includes data and communication services, cyber defense, cloud computing, application development and desktop support.
• The Investment Boutiques group is comprised of Portfolio Managers from Fixed Income, Equities and Multi-Asset across all regions. These investment professionals strive to deliver exceptional investment returns for our clients. The teams are incented to collaborate with each other and with other investors across the firm to identify opportunities and risks.
• The Global Marketing team is responsible for how we communicate the firm’s investment capabilities, culture, and brand. The group is comprised of six specialised functions: content creation, content management, design, digital marketing, marketing operations, and events.
• Portfolio Services provides investment teams with the data, controls and support they need to ensure that their investment intent is accurately reflected in portfolios in accordance with client, regulatory and operational requirements.
• The Legal & Compliance group is a global team that is comprised of two highly collaborative functions that support all aspects of our business. The functions are essential to the firm to ensure that we are compliant with all industry rules and regulations.
• The Investment Products and Strategies department includes five teams; Investment Analytics, Equity Product Management, Fixed Income Product Management, Multi-Asset Product Management, and Alternative Investments. The Investment Analytics Team provides insightful, timely, and flexible analytics for use across the firm. The key areas of focus for Investment Analytics are Automation via Business Reporting Solutions, Competitive Analytics & Intelligence, and Firm/Industry/Business Intelligence & Trends. The key areas of focus across our Product Management teams are Product Development and Marketing, Investment Integrity and Risk Management, and Business Management.
• The Wellington Alternative Investments team delivers world-class alternative investment strategies and client service to our fund investors. We aim to achieve that mission by focusing on three primary goals:
1) coordinating a consistent alternatives strategy and message,
2) positioning for growth and
3) providing effective fund sponsorship.
• The Operational Risk department is responsible for the oversight of all non-investment risk associated with the running of the firm’s day-to-day business. The team works closely with all functions to assess risks that are inherent to their business as well as the controls in place to mitigate those risks. Operational Risk reports to the firm’s Risk Management Committee and supports senior management in their governance role for the oversight of risk.
Looking for: Graduates
How to apply: To be formally considered for the 2020 Placement Intern Programme, please apply directly on our external career page: https://www.wellington.com/en/careers/ (click “view jobs” under careers).
Close date: 29 November 2019
Start date: July 2020