First State Investments are looking for a school leaver or graduate to become a Client Support Trainee. Client Support Trainee responsibilities:
• Provide timely support to Sales and Relationship managers for larger clients, assisting in the co-ordination of responses to client queries incorporating in-put required from a number of teams across the business.
• Provide timely and high quality support direct to smaller clients, enabling own relationships to be built, responding to requests for reports, factsheets, and holdings reports.
• Support ‘follow-up’ with Sales & Relationship Managers when they are out on the road.
• Collate and share across the Distribution team any frequently asked questions by clients & prospects.
• Assist in questionnaire population.
• Continuously look for ways to streamline/automate regular client requests to ensure clients’ deadlines are met.
• Take an active interest First State Investments’ Responsible Investment and stewardship activities.
• Develop skills around various systems, such as Salesforce, Morningstar and Mandate Wire.
• Events & Campaigns – work closely with Marketing & Digital team to maximise event attendance and increase exposure for digital campaigns.
• Possibility for travel to other offices and events.
• Exact accountabilities of your role may change from time to time to reflect business needs and you may be required to undertake additional or other duties as requested.
The traineeship will introduce you to investment management and you will gain industry knowledge, experience and develop relationships enabling you to progress your career and provide you with skills to secure a permanent role. We will support you in achieving a professional qualification if this is something you are interested in doing. As part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with over 200 trainees across the industry and participate in socials and insight events.
The trainee programme is a fixed term one year contract paying £22,000. You will receive 26 days annual leave in addition to Bank Holidays. Role will be based in London. You will also receiving a signing-on bonus of £3,000 to cover the initial cost of a season ticket, clothes, etc.
Looking for: School leaver or graduate
How to apply: Please send your CV and a covering letter to HRUK@firststate.co.uk.
As part of your application, please answer the below questions in 50-100 words per each question.
• Why are you applying to us for this traineeship programme?
• Tell us about the most interesting project or piece of work you have completed as part of your studies at either school/college or university. What did you have to do and what interested you most about it?
• What is the most challenging situation you have faced at school or work and how did you deal with it?
• Tell us about a financial news story that you found interesting and why?
Close date: 31 January 2020
Start date: February/March 2020
Successful candidates will be asked for a telephone interview and an assessment day.