Job role: Hermes Investment Management are looking for a graduate to become an IT Service Desk Trainee.
The Service Desk team consists of 6 team members and is the main ‘face’ of Technology to the wider business providing desktop and mobile technology support to the Hermes offices based in London, New York & Singapore. The team manages both incidents and service requests achieving this by working a 3-shift rota system ensuring that onsite business support is maintained to a consistently high standard in the London head office during core business hours.
Working as a key member of the Service Desk team to provide business as usual (BAU) support and assistance to the global Hermes business. Key tasks will include:
• Providing BAU support ensuring that calls reported via the JIRA Service Desk portal follow the required path to the point of resolution and that the appropriate follow up with the customer is undertaken for certain issue types.
• Providing first line Citrix related support.
• Being visible and accessible to the Hermes business.
• Assisting with project related activity where required.
• Co-ordinating and communicating with the various Technology teams with the primary objective to deliver a high standard of seamless support to the business.
• Displaying a thorough understanding of the processes undertaken by the team with first class service desk application ticket management.
• Ensuring that service levels are achieved and that the expectations of the business are met or exceeded.
Looking for: Graduate - You will ideally be a recently graduated IT student. Whilst the role is primarily Windows OS desktop and Citrix focused, there is the potential for additional knowledge and experience to be gained and therefore, you must demonstrate a strong desire to learn, coupled with enthusiasm and a ‘can do’ attitude.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter answering the questions below (no more than 250 words for each question) to Sharon.Reeves@hermes-investment.com. Please could you subject the email ‘Investment20/20 – 2020’.
1. Why are you applying to us for this traineeship programme?
2. Tell us about the best team that you have been a part of and what your contribution was. What made it such a good team?
3. Tell us about the most interesting project or piece of work you have completed as part of your studies at either school/college or university. What did you have to do and what interested you most about it?
4. Tell us about a technology news story that you found interesting and why?
Close date: 31 January 2020
Start date: ASAP
Successful candidates will be asked to attend an interview at our London office. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email.