Join the Investment20/20 Team as a Careers & Talent Specialist
Start date: March 2020
Reports to: Director of Careers & Talent
Part-time position: 3 days a week
Investment20/20 is a multi-award winning talent programme for the investment management industry enabling enthusiastic and committed young people to start their careers in our industry. Our role is to widen the range of people who consider the industry as a profession and enable their access through our one year trainee programme.
We are part of the industry’s trade body, the Investment Association (IA) having formerly merged in 2018.Our industry champions diversity and inclusion at the top of the UK’s biggest companies in our role as investors, and we also recognise our responsibility as employers to build a diverse investment industry that is fit for the future.
This is an exciting time to join the team as we are growing in our service delivery to our 50 employer partners across our three strategic priorities which are to: attract talent; recruit and develop talent; and retain and progress talent.
We are a team of eight people with seven based in London and one in Scotland and are well supported by our wider colleagues within the IA.Our team ethos is one of service – service to one another; service to our colleagues within Investment20/20 and the IA, and most importantly service to our clients.
Overview of the role
The role is responsible for supporting the implementation and delivery of the careers and emerging talent function of Investment20/20 within Scotland, and reports to the Director of Careers and Talent. The role will require some national travel during the year, primarily to London.
Working with the Director of Careers and Talent, you will enable the implementation of the careers outreach strategy for Investment20/20 in Scotland which will include:
- Delivering of a targeted in-depth Scottish schools and university engagement programme.
- Building robust relationships with schools, colleges and universities.
- Delivering pre-entry outreach, on programme engagement and post programme support across the Investment20/20 suite.
- Representing Investment20/20 to our corporate clients including investment management firms, wealth managers, service providers and fintechs and working collaboratively with them to deliver our Scottish talent priorities.
- Building robust and collaborative working relationships with Scottish education stakeholders.
Skills and attributes
- A passion for diversity and inclusion and interest in entry level talent landscape, reaching and developing young people.
- Excellent communicator that listens attentively to the different needs of our clients, and is articulate and succinct both verbally and in writing, and capable of acting as an advocate of the business with all levels of seniority.
- Good networker able to develop and manage multiple contacts proactively.
- Strong planning and organisation skills, enjoying working on multiple projects simultaneously, able to think ahead and meet deadlines.
- A positive customer service ethic bringing vitality, integrity and a collaborative approach to work.
- Enjoys presenting to a wide range of audience from school students to industry professionals.
- An enquiring mind with a proactive approach to problem solving.
Experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of the education/youth employability landscape is essential.
- Basic financial services and investment management industry knowledge.
- Proven service and client relationship management skills.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role.Please use the subject line “Careers & Talent Specialist” and send to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 25th February 2020. Please contact us if you would like to enquire about salary range.