become a trainee
An Investment2020 scheme will provide you with at least a year’s paid and supported work experience in the investment management industry.
You will receive an in depth on the job training programme within a department as well as extra mentoring support and free access to Investment2020’s own industry training resources and events. You will be strongly placed to secure a permanent position at the end of the programme if you decide that a career in an investment management company is for you. Candidates who are not successful in securing a permanent role with their first choice of company may have a chance to take up a job with one of the other scheme firms.
trainees: the jobs we do and what the programme offers
7 Scottish trainees on why the programme works
WHAT YOU'LL GET
If you are successful and secure a place on a trainee scheme, you will be offered a professional work contract. The length of the contract can vary across the various companies but is usually for 12 months although can be up to 18 months or even 2 years or more. You can expect a salary at least in line with the London Living Wage: £18,000 to £21,000 is typically the current starting level. You may also be eligible for normal company benefits such as medical insurance or a season ticket loan.
The Investment2020 Training Programme includes:
- Induction training
- A regular programme of events throughout your contract at one of the member firm’s offices
- Opportunity to start a foundation qualification (offered by most companies)
- Regular feedback from your HR and/or line manager at your company
- Allocated mentor from your firm
- Access to Investment2020 on line resources including training and careers information
- Membership of network groups such as the Trainee Club and Trainee Forum which organise social events, help promote the Investment2020 scheme to the wider community and share information via a Trainee LinkedIn internet group
At the heart of Investment2020 is the unique community that we build with you as our trainees. Our events are an important part of the network building. You meet other trainees at our regular training lunches. These special tailored events give you a rare first hand overview of the industry and an opportunity to meet key industry members face to face. There are also talks given by career development specialists.